Fall From Heaven RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fall From Heaven RP

Forums used for the Fall From Heaven RPG

+2
DoZiGuy54
LordAdmiral
6 posters

The Outer City

LordAdmiral
    LordAdmiral
    Admin

The Outer City Empty The Outer City

Post  LordAdmiral Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:58 pm

This is where a majority of the population of the city lives, basic soldiers, peasants, etc. It is very run down, and in bad conditions.
    DoZiGuy54
    DoZiGuy54
    Admin

The Outer City Empty Re: The Outer City

Post  DoZiGuy54 Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:57 pm

Valus Avellan walked into the barn. He grasped his Oaken Pole from the wall, and took a deep breath. Valus stared at one of the chickens in the pen. He held his pole in the battle position he was taught, and he focused.

"Ignis!" Valus shouted inside his head. A fireball was shot at the unsuspecting chicken. The chicken screeched, and fell down, burnt to a crisp.

"Hehe." Valus chuckled, then heard a voice from the inside barn.

"Valus!" His aunt screamed. "What have we told you about burning our chickens!?" Valus looked away, but couldn't hide his smile.

"Sorry, Aunt Beretha!" Valus called back. He was sick of how his aunt and uncle trated him like a child, and yearned for the life he used to have, a life of wealth and riches. He though about the town, and the slave camps in the world. Then of his mother and father. Then he made his decision. It was time to leave Valor.

Valus walked into the farmhome he lived in. He snuck upstairs to the attic to grab his belongings. When he made his way upstairs, his uncle Jonathon was waiting.

"Leaving so soon?" Jonathon asked, with a grin.

"How did you know?" Valus wondered.

"You're old now. Too old for us to be babying you. Unfortunately, Aunt Beretha won't realize that for another 30 years." Valus couldn't help but smile. "Here. Take this sack of gold. It's all we have left."

Valus hesitated, but grabbed the gold. "Thank you."
    Megamatt
    Megamatt

Post  Megamatt Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:30 pm

Matt sat alone at one end of a bar fondling his mug. It was still fairly early in the day so he was about the only patron there. He starred emptily into the last few sips of his drink, and contemplated his current situation.

What am I doing here? thought Matt. Who am I trying to fool? I'm not a human anymore...

It had happened late last night. Matt had spent the night wandering from tavern to tavern until he found one dark enough to not be recognized. He didn't like the attention he received as a hero of the people and avoided it at all costs. He thought he had found one and was quietly drinking in the corner until a rather large gentleman decided to impress his lady friends by picking a fight with the pale, scrawny guy in the corner.

"Hey! Aren't ya a 'ittle young ta be drinkin', kiddie?" asked the man, slurring his words to a ridiculous level. Matt remained silent, not wanting to create a scene. This angered the drunken man. He proceed to pick Matt up by his shirt and lifted him off the ground, spilling his drink all over the floor.

"Hey! Didn't ya momma ever teach ya ta respect ya eldas?" shouted the man. By this point, many of the patrons had turned their attention to the eventual fight.

"Sir, you don't want to this." said Matt, calmly retaining an expression of apathy.

"Oh, really? And why not?" asked the man, a smirk growing across his face. Matt lifted up his palm, and it glowed for a second. A pair of black dice materialized with white skulls on each face, with the eye sockets indicating the value of each side.

"I'm not responsible for what happens to you after these dice hit the ground." said Matt.

"What's that suppo... wait... dice?" stammered the man, noticing Matt's red eyes in the fire light. "... I-I-I'm so sorry, Mr. "The Gambler", if I had known it was you... p-p-please don't hurt me... I didn't know..."

The man dropped Matt back down into his seat and backed away. Matt allowed the dice to vanish from his palm. The tavern was filled with the mumblings of the other patrons. Matt picked up his scythe and walked out of the building, and walked through the never-ending maze of alleyways of the Outer City to be sure that he lost any pursuers.

Matt sighed as he finished off the rest of his drink. This was no time to be feeling sorry for himself. He needed to feed soon. The events last night had made him aware of just how long it had been since his last time. Tonight was a full moon, which means that he would most likely find a Necromancer or two training in ruins outside of town. He put a gold piece down on the table next to his mug and walked out of the bar. The sun shone brightly against his pale white skin. He quickly put tipped his hat so that his eyes were shaded and made his way out of the city.
    Sonas
    Sonas

Post  Sonas Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:27 pm

Sonas,

I have decided to go off on an adventure without you. I am sorry. Maybe we will meet again someday...

Best Wishes, Konan

Sonas sat on his bed, reading the note over and over again. What adventure? Where did you go? Why didn't you ask me to come with you? Thoughts ran through his head. He needed a drink, something strong. He walked over to his icebox and pulled out a small glass filled with a dark purple liquid.

"Haha, I love ya, Konan!" He exclaimed as his friend knew him better than anyone else. As he popped off the cap of the drink, he heard a loud wailing noise coming from outside.

"Hello?" He asked, addressing no one in particular. He recieved no reply and the wailing continued. He walked over to his window, placing the glass on a nearby table. His eyes gazed across the panels, seeing nothing that could be making the noise.

And then it stopped. Content he had done something important, Sonas whisked up the glass and started to drink furiously. After he had gotten halfway through it, the wailing began again. Sonas decided to step out of his house, onto the street, and at last find what was making the sound.

Slowly, he opened the door; the drink was now taking affect. He began to feel lightheaded and extremely happy. Flying is the way he liked to describe it.

And then, he spotted the creature making the noise: a light brown kitten pacing in front of him.
    Kyero
    Kyero

Post  Kyero Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:33 pm

Kiko slowly moved thru the city keeping a eye out for any signs that may get him on a street to the castle. He tried asking the citizens, but most either ran away or just stared at him. "Just my luck." Kiko said irritably aloud. "A city full of people, and none of them with any guts."

As he moved a small puppy came up to him begging for food. Kiko bent over and picked it up by the neck. He gave it a rather sinister smile before proceeding to break its neck. "You are better off this way." Kiko said to the body before throwing it into a pile of trash.

He then looked to the other side of the street to see some people looking at him in disgust before going back to their business after realizing he was watching them.
    Sonas
    Sonas

Post  Sonas Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:04 pm

Sonas saw the snake like creature kill the innocent puppy, and in fear of the death of this kitten, scooped it up into his arms, and closed the door tightly.

"Some people..." he said, and the kitten meowed in reply.

Well, he thought, this is no good. I can't take care of a kitten! The small animal crawled up to his face and licked his nose.

"Awwww! I know, you need a name..." he thought out loud, "ummm. uhh... Chanu!" He was excited with his name choice. However, he was still worried about the strange creature outside. He brought his hand above the kitten, chanting Fulcio texts. The small kitten grew larger and larger, changing color from a light brown to a dark, intense red. It grew small fangs, and it's claws extended.

That's better, he thought, now, if I lose you, you can protect yourself! Being satisfied, he let Chanu wander about his home, scanning for any threats to its new father. Sonas whisked up the drink, and drank it dry, slipping him back into the flying state.

"I think I'll take a short nap," he decided, gathering up Chanu and taking him into his room. He layed the red cat down on the bed, took off his clothes, slipped under the covers, and slowly fell asleep.

Sonas woke up, hearing a loud commotion not too far off. His house was toward the inner city, in hearing and sight of the castle, where the commotion seemed to be coming from.

"What's that."

He got up, stretching, and put on some clothes. He watched his cat twirl around him, saying, "Don't go."

"I have to see what is going on."

So he headed towards the door, reaching out to grasp the handle. The outside air came over him, almost exhilirating. He put on some leather shoes and took a step ouside.

"The noise is down by the fortress." He said as he began to run to the castle, preparing his bow for any momental strike.
    marcopolonian
    marcopolonian

Post  marcopolonian Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:21 pm

"I really could use some dummies..." Mark thought. He hadn't trained in a while, and his abilities might be considered "rusty". "I think I'll go to the desert and train there."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:45 am